Practitioner Resilience workshop
A recent study funded by the National Institute of Health Research reported links between staff well-being and service user outcomes (Maben et al 2012). This training day focuses on practitioners, across different professional groups, offering insights into, ‘What are the best approaches to support practitioner resilience?’ And to debate how practitioner resilience can be shaped in the current context of practice.
Whether newly qualified, experienced, facing uncertainty, change or striving for a work life balance, this training day will support you to:
• Understand what presses your buttons
• Explore your growing edges
• Become aware of your limitations and challenges as a practitioner
• Make connections with who you are personally and how this impacts on your professional practice
• Recognise your professional strengths
Through the integration of theory and reflection you will be supported to explore your own resilience as a practitioner. Mechanisms that can enhance your resilience and the impact on you and your work when key “resilient moves” are absent will be discussed.
• Understanding of theory in relation to Practitioner Resilience
• Exposure to theoretical models including the resilience supervision framework that support you to understand your own practice
• Learning a social inequalities approach to practitioner resilience, which takes account of the organisation and wider social influences.
• Increased confidence as a result of exposure to tools and ideas that can support your practice
• Increased awareness of self-care strategies in support of your own resilience
This course has been certified by the CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles and so it can count towards your CPD for the year.
Who should attend?
Academics, practitioners; both newly qualified and experienced, researchers, students, parents, carers, community workers, volunteers, public sector workers.
What will it cover?
• Evidence based models that support and deepen understanding of practice
• Practitioner Resilience theory
• How to transfer social justice ideas into resilience practice
• Tools to support the development of your own resilience practice
• Reflection space
Practitioner Resilience workshop
Date: Tuesday 5 September 2017
Time: 10.00am to 4.30pm
Location: Blackpool (details to follow)
Price: Free to Blackpool residents or people who work in Blackpool. Otherwise £120 (includes refreshments and a light lunch).
We have a small number of places available for unwaged people who live outside of Blackpool (£20 a ticket). Please email us explaining why you would like to attend the course and explaining your circumstances. Limited spaces, so please book early.
To book your place
To book and pay online using a debit/credit card, please click through to the payment page. If you would like an invoice to be raised to your organisation for the training fee, please email us
For fee paying participants, sorry but we can’t offer a refund. But if you give us at least 3 days’ notice that you can’t come, we will transfer you onto another workshop. For participants with a free place, all cancellations made less than 3 days before the event will result in an administration fee of £10. Sorry but we will have paid for your lunch!