This two day course is designed to help parents and carers of school age children understand what resilience is and consider their own resilience, in order to support building their children’s resilience too.
• Introduce the idea of resilience
• Learn about the 5 key factors that promote resilience
• Think and talk about links between parent and child resilience
• Learn ways parents can put resilience into practice
• Have some ideas of practical activities you can use with your children
• Be encouraged to take care of yourself
• Meet other parents who might be good support for you in the future
• Learn about support services that can help you and your child be more resilient
Who should attend? Parents and carers of school age children and young people.
The Academic Resilience Approach workshop is for anyone keen to understand how to build resilience in school communities. For example headteachers, governors, SENCOs, teachers, school counsellors, educational psychologists and support staff.
Whether newly qualified, experienced, facing uncertainty, change or striving for a work life balance, this training course will support you to: Understand what presses your buttons; Explore your growing edges; Become aware of your limitations and challenges as a practitioner.
Do you want to support Blackpool’s children and young people to be more resilient? Want to find out how HeadStart will help? This free workshop will introduce you to Boingboing’s resilience principles that HeadStart is using in partnership with schools, community groups and charities and with families across Blackpool.